Lubuntu 21.10 image for Starfive VisionFive V1

Hi guys, I have been made a Lubuntu 21.10 image to StarFive VisionFive V1, LXQT working better than Debian.

User: star
Password: star

root:root

Download from here.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Finally got my StarFive board yesterday. Used the provided image and works as expected :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that both the Fedora as well as this Ubuntu image have issues with LLVM and JIT.
Several compiled binaries crash with:
WARNING: This target JIT is not designed for the host you are running
LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: 0x2b070e4ca0: ch = store<(store 4 in…

I believe this is caused by the llvm-libs (mesa?) that things are compiled against.
This even includes the xscreensaver provided by this Ubuntu image itself!

1 Like

do you have a system builder ?
what tool did you use to build this ?

Thanks for your reply, I will check and take a issue to upstream

I would like to get your builder so Ican build a xfce img. like i use on omap builder.

For now, I have no system builder. But, I make a series of videos to tech people who want to make own system.

You could check this one: StarFive Technology - YouTube

maybe we can adapt the omap builder but I need to know where you got grun abd uefi setup so I can add it to our builder

https://github.com/starfive-tech/VisionFive

These docs and pdf maybe helpful.

RiscV come join our discord if you can

Thanks, I will when I get home. :wink:

@Houge_Langley I’ve a question regarding the Lubuntu 21.10 image. Does WiFi work out-of-the-box?
Noticed that there is no WiFi device available to use.
If I try to load the brcmfmac module it does not fail at least but I see messages like

[ 853.638535] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.starfive,visionfive-v1.bin failed with error -2
[ 853.642150] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.starfive,visionfive-v1.txt failed with error -2
[ 853.642287] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt failed with error -2

in dmesg.

Just wonder if the same happens to you :sweat_smile:

Yeah, same to me, I have no idea how to resolve it.

Okay, thanks confirming it. Wasn’t sure if it’s just something on my end :sweat_smile:

You are welcome, buddy. For now, I have no idea how to fixed this thing.

:sweat_smile:

Thank you for this. been struggling getting the kernel compiled to move to Debian. Not a fan of Fedora. ( and i hope now i can use HDMI… it starts up in a screwy frequency and my monitor shuts down )

Darn, HDMI is still out of range of my monitor. But thank you for saving me a lot more grief trying to get Debian working on my own.

@Houge_Langley possible to get an updated Lubuntu image with the GA version of kernel 5.17 which was released yesterday finally? :heart_eyes:

@rneese any success with a system builder? I’m quite interested into an automated build pipeline or similar as well.

@mackenzy OK, I will try my best

1 Like