In olden days we’d “peek” and “poke” the Display Controller, to see weird and wonderful displays. Today (46 years later), we poke around the Display Controller of JH7110 SoC with a modern tool (not BASIC): U-Boot Bootloader!
In this article we discover…
(1) U-Boot Commands “md” and “mw” for Dumping and Writing Memory
(2) That we use to power up the Video Output and Display Controller on the JH7110 SoC
(3) By modding the JH7110 Registers for Power Management Unit, Clock and Reset
(4) Also how we’ll create our own Display Driver for JH7110
(5) In spite of the Missing and Incorrect Docs