Arch Linux Image for VisionFive 2

Hi, after sudo pacman -Syuu, I get slow desktop environments and everything is slow.It doesn’t seem to use xorg or wayland on gpu. Any new image that fixes that? I got 8 gb version visionfive v2.

Thanks.

Can you tell me which packages got updated on your latest pacman -Syu?

Actually the base image doesn’t work when installing a DE for me even xfce4 on Xorg. I added fb0 to xorg conf but it’s really slow.

Thanks!

hi , I agree with your choice of xfce4, xfce4 = Lightweight。only,I have tested and researched VisionFive 2:
Xorg = slow : xfce4, lxde, openbox, gnome(x11)…
Wayland = fast :NO.1 Sway, NO.2 Wayfire, NO.3 Gnome(wayland)

(I’m very sorry, I don’t quite understand English. Watch videos

2 Likes

You are right, the X11 on this board is unaccelerated. Wayland is a lot faster.

@riley10 I will post a link to the how to set a Wayland desktop when I reach my office today.

1 Like

Thanks cwt。
“I will post a link to the how to set a Wayland desktop”
Please also provide me with a link, I still want to learn and study. Before I came into contact with CWT20, I didn’t understand archLinux.
Thank you.

@lzzhzh @riley10 Here

1 Like

Received, thank you cwt.

Today, the Chinese Spring Festival begins, and in a few days, I will study it. I also wish you a happy holiday!

cwt, This link is about introducing Wayfire, but currently there is no Wayfire in CWT20. NO ‘wlogout’ , 'Waybar ’ incomplete。.
Wayland may only be Sway and gnome (Wayland)

Thank you, it’s useful to me.

It may not be useful for riley10.

All the applications mentioned are in the Arch repo or AUR. That’s how Arch works.

1 Like

Thank you, although I don’t quite understand. After the Chinese New Year, I will study it seriously. I am a beginner in ArcLinux , I only have 15 days to study archLinux

Stronnag, thank you again

1 Like

Good luck and the Arch Wiki is always your friend.

Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers!

Thanks a lot @cwt for the instructions. I had to use aur with Yay aur helper to build the packages.

1 Like

I installed labwc instead. It works so good. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,
Sorry for the reply again but all electron apps and even pidgin chat app doesn’t display properly, they are black screen or flickering black. Any way to fix it? I think it’s a XWayland problem. I have xwayland enabled.

Thanks.

thank cwt. arch_cwt20+vf2+gdm+enlightenment= beautiful ,flow
https://www.enlightenment.org/

1 Like

cwt, :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
cwt20 + hyprland

3 Likes

I have installed the latest image but gui is not working.

@cwt mentioned this to me today.

If you are rust-lang fan, create this file:

cat .cargo/config.toml 
[net]
git-fetch-with-cli = true

[profile.release]
opt-level = 3
debug = false
lto = 'thin'
strip = true

[target.riscv64gc-unknown-linux-gnu]
rustflags = ["-C", "target-cpu=sifive-u74", "-C", "target-feature=+m,+a,+f,+d,+c,+zba,+zbb"]

It will help squeeze every last piece of performance generating VF2-specific binaries from your rust-lang compiler and cargo. If you haven’t tried rust, please do. It’s well worth it the investment in effort.

and

are great reference points on how to build great apps with rust.

czkawka supports many different gui sdks, and among them slint. Worth the read.

3 Likes