Enabling support for GLmark2 for Imagination GPU HW

Hello Team,

I’m trying to Port the GLMark2-ES Benchmark tool (for DRM flavour) on my RISC-V development board which is based on U740 CPU from SiFive, I’m able to successfully build and install from the Sources using the Meson build system, and don’t see any issue. But the problem arises when i’m trying to launch the compiled glmark2-es-drm program i’m facing issue with execution:
Though i’ve a GPU within my RISC-V SoC after execution of the program (glmark2-es-drm) i notice it is using the Mesa SW Pipeline over the CPU, and not over the Imagination GPU HW. (Log below…)

When tried to run the GLMark2-ES-DRM on Imagination GPU HW we’re observing that issue as the “XXX_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”, can you please let us know on how we can generate the dri.so file to further execute the tests to using the Imagination GPU HW on our RISC-V Platform.

root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~# glmark2-es2-drm 
MESA-LOADER: failed to open XXX: /usr/lib/dri/XXX_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open zink: /usr/lib/dri/zink_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linu)
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dr)
Error: Failed to create GBM device
Error: main: Could not initialize canvas
root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~#

After further debug we were able to link the other missing .so file, except the first xxx_dri.so file, Which is still resolve to run the GLMark2-ES benchmark on CPU, but unable to execute the same benchmark on GPU HW. Below is the log of the glmark2-es-drm output rendered over CPU using the Mesa Softpipe. Can you please help us to replicate the same using the IMG-GPU HW?

root@Ubuntu-riscv64:~/GL/glmark2# glmark2-es2-drm 
MESA-LOADER: failed to open XXX: /usr/lib/dri/XXX_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/riscv64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${)
Warning: DRM_CAP_ASYNC_PAGE_FLIP not supported, falling back to 'mailbox' mode for SwapInterval(0).
=======================================================
    glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:      Mesa
    GL_RENDERER:    softpipe
    GL_VERSION:     OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2
    Surface Config: buf=32 r=8 g=8 b=8 a=8 depth=32 stencil=0 samples=0
    Surface Size:   1080x1920 fullscreen

Please kindly do help on this, since we’re unable to get more support from GLMark2 further on this issue as they suspect it to be more issue on the GPU-SW Env Setup. Any inputs and support is highly appreciated.

Regards,

1 Like