Compatible Wi-Fi USB Adapter for VisionFive2 RISC-V Single Board Computer with StarFive JH7110

Hi,
I have purchased the “VisionFive2 RISC-V Single Board Computer, StarFive JH7110 Processor”, need the compatible Wifi-Client module for the wifi connectivity in order to download the software and do some experimentation on RISC-V.

Please suggest the compatible Wi-Fi USB Adapter

1 Like

You didn’t mention what dist you’re using, but I’m using Ubuntu server and I put an old Periphio USB wifi dongle in mine and it works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Periphio-WiFi-Adapter-Plug-Play/dp/B07X27Q7PV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=11HIL7C6MEXY9&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.keYSCClyZHkAfUexwCBZhWV2UBhS_cERWqMN2jXSNlqNnnl4mVPUuYt2S-qQSactnuqvIh_WKaW-VbzSjoDalss0vCtBD9t7lgfR_lQ0UVjmownU0kATaO3eF1ouZLbmsEWmuiJKvUgv1ItBPnNCc2KVyBQzHha9rX0k37ze_1lxvQLp-pPB7DCMSYfi0N2AX64D1EwwmAvppBN_eFZzBtfKHrhXmIMKgoudgIqxyX8.Uiv7Vl19wGpA6SUMGe9gKzU7qgtkvyWXKgFR6Ciyrac&dib_tag=se&keywords=periphio+usb+wifi+adapter&qid=1715126990&sprefix=periphio+usb+wifi%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-3

There are a ton of USB wifi adapters with linux support.

Maybe , all of device which have in-kernel-driver are worked with VF2 ?

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your input.
I am using the Ubuntu Linux distribution. starfive-jh7110-202308-SD-minimal-desktop.img

You should be fine then. I only mentioned it because I have an amd64 machine here and for that I had to download, compile, and install the drivers.

Thank you.