VisionFive 2 Debian Image 202302 Released

Hello. The Weston compositor does not work, and Enlightenment fails. It can not find a DRM handler on the GPU.
But, this was when I updated the flash card repository to the latest riscv64 snapshot. Something could have broken, as seen with FreeType and Xorg.

1 Like

Since Gnome is being really slow for me in 202303, I have tried downgrading from 202303 to 202302, but it is not working. I have updated the firmware to what came with this release. I have tried booting both from the QSPI flash and from the SDIO configurations and the result is the same.

When I boot it I only see a mouse cursor and the rest of the screen is black. The mouse cursor can be moved at first but if I wait a minute it becomes frozen. SSH does not work either, instant connection refused. Since there is a black screen with a mouse cursor I assume the boot process is working but the OS refuses to work. EDIT: Actually it worked with a different monitor. Previously I could attempt to configure the monitor over SSH but… no SSH.

openssh-server package is now removed from the image by default;

Well, that’s dumb. SSH is extremely useful for debugging these kinds of issues.

Well, that’s dumb. SSH is extremely useful for debugging these kinds of issues.

I agree.

But the serial port is an order of magnitude more useful, and thus I do suggest getting a cp2104 based usb to uart. They go for some $2 shipped, in aliexpress and the like.

2 Likes