Image 202302 - revisited

@Stromkiller All the information is here: VisionFive 2 Debian Image 202302 Released

It has a link to the firmware: Release VisionFive2 Software v2.10.4 · starfive-tech/VisionFive2 · GitHub

You only need u-boot-spl.bin.normal.out and visionfive2_fw_payload.img .

The instructions to update the firmware are here: https://doc-en.rvspace.org/VisionFive2/PDF/VisionFive2_QSG.pdf (Section 4.3)

Or you can try to change the boot switches.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.
I will try the update process using flashcp and report back - without touching the switches.

Regards

Aubrey

No need to change the switches. Just new engineering image to sdcard. boot the new sdcard. DONT apt-get update/upgrade, just install mtd-utils, then download and flashcp the spl.bin.normal.out and payload.img in their respective mtd locations. shutdown and power up and then you should be good.

It’s not a must, but you’ll want to because it will improve your experience and it will facilitate the next upgrade cycle.

I learned my lesson. I don’'t apt-get update/upgrade LOL. We all need to wait until Starfive makes an official announcement that we can proceed to apt-get update/upgrade.

I cannot emphasize how spot on the sound quality is through the hdmi! It’s excellent. Through USB audio dongles it’s luck of the draw at the moment.

@omac777 Please see my post " [Flashcp => /dev/mtd0 2.11.5"

Aubrey