Feature Request: Allow editing posts indefinitely

Please allow users to edit posts on the forum indefinitely rather than limiting it to a certain amount of time (not sure what it currently is, but perhaps under 24 hours). This has been problematic for me in making instructional posts that require changes after posting. When bugs are discovered or tweaks are needed to be made it is much more helpful to users for the updated correct instructions to be in the OP rather than needing to read through the topic (which many may fail to do).

1 Like

I just clicked on a post from 2022-10 and I can still edit it.

At a guess you need more posts, or receive more likes, or give more likes, or possibly more badges (I have 20+ and you have 8). Your account has been on the system since 2022-12-22 so I do not think that your account needs to be on the system longer (I created my account not very long before yours 2022-09-19).

1 Like

Interesting @mzs, thanks for the insight. I wonder if the editing ability becomes retroactive once you have enough karma/rep/whatever.

1 Like

Hi agreenbhm, I have just checked the system and found that there is no way to grant you for editing posts indefinitely unless change your trust level. You can also increase your trust level by posting more posts and answering more questions.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification @Chloe

2 Likes